21 October 2015
Terms of Reference
Membership shall be:
- All staff (academic staff, assistant staff, contract research staff, academic-related staff, holders of personal fellowships or similar award, retired research-active staff, and others by agreement with the Head of Department.
- The Chair of the meeting shall be the Head of Department or a person deputed by him/her
- The Secretary shall be the Departmental Administrator, or a person nominated by the Head of Department
- Two graduate student representatives who shall attend except for reserved business.
- To review, monitor, evaluate, and co-ordinate the undergraduate teaching of the Department
- To advise teaching management committees on the wider aspects of education within the framework set by the Faculty Board of Biology
- To receive, evaluate, and approve reports from the teaching management committees for the courses to which the Department contributes
- To review, monitor, evaluate, and co-ordinate the graduate teaching of the Department and to receive and approve reports from the Graduate Committee and the Graduate Management Committee
- To consider and discuss reports relating to teaching, research and departmental services/operations from:
- Head of Department
- Departmental Administrator
- Teaching committee
- Safety committee
- Other reports as appropriate
- Meetings shall be held each term and shall be considered quorate if 25 per cent of the eligible membership is present.