Research in the Department of Zoology is broadly based around the themes below, which span all levels of the study of animal life, from cellular and molecular biology to whole organism topics in behavioural ecology and conservation.
The following pages list the working within each theme. To see all group members, visit the Research Group listed for each PI.
- All Principal Investigators
- Behavioural Ecology
- Understanding adaptations and the selective pressures that yield them
- Cell and Developmental Biology
- Conservation Science
- Evolutionary Genetics and Genomics
- Understanding the evolution of diversity in animal genomes
- Neurobiology, Biomechanics and Behaviour