1. Please read the graduate handbook.
This contains important information about what you can expect as a graduate student in the Department. You will receive this at the Department Induction.
2. Obtain your University Card from your College.
3. Meet your supervisor. They should complete a pink form on your behalf, to arrange a key for you; show you your allocated working space; and give you a tour of the Department.
4. Once your pink form has been completed and passed to the Departmental Administrator, visit Nigel Hall between 2-3pm to active your University Card and gain access to the building.
5. Establish your @cam email account immediately.
6. Register with the University Library. Take your admission confirmation letter with your University Card.
7. Attend induction sessions:
Graduate Safety Course: 6th and 7th October 2015
Department Induction: 8th October 2013, Main Lecture Theatre, Department of Zoology
8. Familiarize yourself with your Student Log, undertake a personal development plan and, in conjunction with your supervisor, book on any training courses you would like to attend.
9. Join the Cambridge Philosophical Society - extremely useful source of funding in the 4th year!