Just arrived? Here's what you need to know...
Hello! Welcome to the Department of Zoology, from your friendly Post-Doc Committee. We are here to ensure post-docs are represented and get a fair deal. And we are looking forward to meeting you!
This is a mini fact-sheet to help you navigate the first few hurdles you’ll encounter as you settle in. You’ll find more useful info on our website and on the University’s PdOCs Society page. You can also explore the rest of www.zoo.cam.ac.uk which has useful bits and pieces.
In the meantime, here are some pointers to help you settle in:
- If you haven’t already, speak to Anastasia Nezhentseva (First floor, room 12) and Ben Walbanke-Taylor (First floor, room 1). Anastasia and Ben will help you with paperwork, keys and keycard access
- Again, if you haven’t already, you should drop in for a quick chat with Reception, to ensure your post and parcels are going to the right place, and to get your email address added to the Zoology mailing list
- Add yourself to the postdoc mailing list by going to the camlists page and searching for zoo-postdocs. You can manage all your list memberships from here, and sign out of the list when you want.
- For all IT queries (network, internet, printers etc.), contact the IT team: email@example.com or call 01223 (3)36261
- As a postdoc in Zoology, you are free (and encouraged!) to get involved with teaching. This could take the form of hour-long seminars with students (“supervisions”), or offering and supervising Part II (third year) projects. For more info about teaching, go here
- Zoology and the wider University offer a fantastic range of talks and seminars. To learn more and subscribe to mailing lists, go to www.talks.cam.ac.uk
- Contact Maribel Calvo firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your personal page on the Zoology website
If you have any other concerns or uncertainties, feel free to email us:
Even if you are feeling profoundly relaxed and settled in already – email us anyway and introduce yourself! We’d love to hear from you.