- Department Trust Funds
- Graduate Student Funds
- College Fellowships
- Cambridge funding calls
- External funding opportunities
Anastasia Nezhentseva is the Department’s Research Grant Administrator; if you have any queries relating to research funding and preparing your application please do not hesitate to contact her.
Below we list any current funding opportunities that we've been asked to advertise.
NCBS-inStem-Cambridge Postdoctoral Fellowship
Application deadline: 31 January 2015
The National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore, the Institute for Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine (inStem), Bangalore, and the University of Cambridge have announced the NCBS-inStem-Cambridge Postdoctoral Fellowship. The fellowships allow for the joint-appointment of 4 Postdoctoral Fellows per year to work in Cambridge for approximately half the period of a 4 year term, and covers full salary costs. Further details and information on how to apply are available here.
Update: Restricted Call: ESRC Future Research Leaders 2014/15
The ESRC have now launched their Future Research Leaders Call, the deadline for which has again been postponed and is now 20 January 2015 (16:00).
The new call includes changed matched funding arrangements that require the University to consult internally before the formal launch of the internal selection process.
Potential applicants are encouraged to read the new guidance and should particularly note that:
- Due to the changed submission deadline, the eligibility requirements for the call have also changed so that applicants may have up to four years and four month’s academic research experience following the submission date of their PhD on 20 January 2015.
- Although proposals for the call continue to be welcome in any topic which falls within the ESRC’s remit, proposals are particularly encouraged in the following areas:
- Big data (i.e. social media data, business data and new forms of data)
- Secondary analysis of longitudinal datasets
- Biosocial research.
Research Professional funding opportunities database
The comprehensive Research Professional funding opportunities database offers researchers the opportunity to search for research funding in all disciplines from a wide range of sponsors in the UK and overseas.
The University of Cambridge subscribes to the Research Professional database and use is free of charge for all University members. From any computer within the University network, you can start searching directly by going to http://www.researchprofessional.com and choosing Self-registration or Campus Access.